If your company is sponsoring a PERM petition for one of its employees, we will need the following documents and information regarding the company, the position being offered, and the job recruitment. (Please note, if the employer is a college/university and will be sponsoring a PERM Special Handling petition, there is a separate checklist.)
Information about the Employer
- Full legal name of Employer.
- Full address and phone number of employer.
- Full name and title of person who will sign forms (designated official).
- Phone, fax and email for designated official.
- Federal Tax ID # (FEIN#).
- Year incorporated.
- Number of employees.
If you have 10 or fewer employees, then the Department of Labor may question whether the employee you are sponsoring has ""influence and control over the job opportunity." To be ready for this, please send us:
- A copy of the articles of incorporation, partnership agreement, business license or similar documents that establish the business entity;
- A list of all corporate/company officers and shareholders/partners, and also current employees. Did any of them have a family relationship to the sponsored employee?
- Did the sponsored employee invest any money in the company or have any ownership interest?
- Have you ever received any ARRA (Stimulus) funding?
- Has the employer had a layoff (termination without cause or prejudice) in the sponsored position or a related occupation within the past 6 months or are any expected in the next 6 months?
Information about the Position
- Title of Position.
- Job Description.
- Salary range for the position.
- Work schedule.
- Minimum Degree required for position.
- Minimum Experience required for position.
- Current number of people in employee’s position.
- Degrees, experience, and certifications of each person in employee’s position before they joined employer.
- License required for position.
- Special skills required for position.
- Name and title of the employee’s supervisor.
- Number of people employee will supervise.
- Address where employee will work (if different from main employer address).
- Name and title of union representative (if applicable).
- Union agreement and clear determination of employee’s salary (if applicable).
- Job offer letter (if available).
- Ability to pay documentation.
- Current federal income tax return
- Annual report
- Financial Statements
- Auditor's report
- Corporate tax returns, etc.